Social Media, Marketing and Advertising in Deaf Community!
We have had a week long discussion on our Facebook group about “The Rules of Social Media” developed by FastCompany. They engaged with users on Twitterville and have them come up with their own answers for rules on 1) Content, 2) Engagement, 3) Follows and Fans, 4) Philosophy, and 5) Process and Goals.
– “Be very interesting!” – Bryan Leeper
– “Should be SEO oriented and be relevant to the user/consumer.” – Corey Axelrod
– “No offending material!” – Lori Murray Krakora
– “Engagement=participation, inclusion. Make people feel included and proud. Proud=happy. Happy customers=feel good vibes. Feel good vibes=want to be part of the company.” – Lori Murray Krakora
– “Take Twitter conversations offline and build a network.” – Auren Kaplan, @aurensays (From FastCompany.com)
– “Social is a conversation, not a message.” – Robin J. Phillips, @RobinJP (From FastCompany.com)
FOLLOWS AND FANS
– “Don’t buy Twitter followers; it tarnishes your authenticity. http://ow.ly/cPcL1” – Erin Schulte, @erin719nyc (From FastCompany.com)
– “Asking me to follow you on Twitter guarantees I won’t.” – Cindy Gallop, @cindygallop (From FastCompany.com)
– “Social media is all about collaboration, not isolation.” -Niketa Patel, @Niketa (From FastCompany.com)
PROCESS AND GOALS
– “Post on your customers schedule, not yours.” – Steve Armneti, @armentisteve (From FastCompany.com)
– “Don’t focus on numbers (fans, followers, likes, etc.) focus on real conversations.” – Duane Hogg, @iamduanehogg (From FastCompany.com)
Click here to see some of the best submissions FastCompany has received from their users.